Campagnano di Rome is a city that lies at the foot of Mount Razzano and consists of about 11,000 inhabitants. The land surrounding the town of Campagnano is mainly composed of hills and mountains, used as agricultural crops. The area also is largely within the Park of Veio in which are preserved interesting animal and plant species.
If you think a ride out of town, Campagnano di Roma is the ideal place to spend a day in the center of the country, taste the typical products and discovering the natural beauty of the surroundings that inspire, perhaps up to the beautiful shores of Lake Bracciano.
Campagnano di Roma is also famous for its antiques market, one of the most important Italian events that takes place every last Sunday of the month in the streets and squares of the medieval village. The "Bancarelle di Campagnano" house antique dealers, collectors, artists, craftsmen, English silver, eighteenth century oil paintings on wood, icons, antique carpets, marble, crystal, jewelry, watches and many natural and organic products. You will also find many shops and stores of modern and antiques like the Soffitta in Cantina, where you can find used items and not, tableware, pottery, lamps and sconces, rare, antique and modern paintings, antique prints and originals, lithographs and naive, mirrors, furniture, cabinets and much more.
HISTORY OF CAMPAGNANO DI ROMA
The archaeological evidence found in the area of Campagnano testify the Etruscan origin of the country, the oldest settlement was found between the Baccano Valley and the lake of Martignano. The territory was later the scene of clashes between the Etruscans and Romans as a result of which was a large population growth and economic development of the country, especially as regards the cultivation of fields. After the fall of the Roman Empire the territory of Campagnano was invaded by barbarians which forced farmers to abandon rural areas and take refuge in the city. Around 1420 the Senate of Rome sold Campagnano to the Orsini family of Rome, under whose direction the city underwent great changes, in particular for what concerns the urban aspect. The change continued even in later centuries by purchasing campaign by the Chigi family, around 1620. Camps in 1870 was annexed to the kingdom of Italy together with fractions of Cesano and Magliano.
WHAT TO SEE IN CAMPAGNANO
Palazzo Venturi: is one of the historic buildings of Campagnano of Rome that now houses the Archaeological Museum, the Municipal Historical Archives, the Municipal Library and Cultural Center permanently.
Dolphin Fountain: The fountain was built in Baroque style is composed of two dolphins and a bell.
Town Hall: it is a palace built around 800 neo-Gothic style.
Vallelunga: it is multi-purpose center that includes the side of a track, the Safe Driving Centre ACI-SARA Off-Road Adventure area, the convention center, hotel and other activities and services. For information, please visit the Vallelunga website
Park of Veio: The Regional Natural Park of Veii, with its 14,984 hectares, is the fourth extension of the park for Lazio and was established in the late '90s. For information and requests, please visit the Park of Veio website.
HOW TO GET TO CAMPAGNANO
From Rome, just take the exit n ° 5 of the Great Ring Road (a Cassia - Cassia Veientana) and only after 10-15 minutes' drive away at km 29 ° exit Camps.
For any further information please consult the website of the Municipality of Campagnano di Roma.