Home > Places in Rome > See > Churches > Church of Our Lady of Peace

Nearby

See

Navona Square

Navona Square

(0.2km)
40077 visits
Campo dei Fiori

Campo dei Fiori

(0.4km)
26777 visits
Church of Rome

Church of Rome's Fre...

(0.4km)
26102 visits
Palazzo Farnese

Palazzo Farnese

(0.5km)
17096 visits
St Augustine

St Augustine

(0.3km)
25417 visits
Via del Governo Vecchio

Via del Governo Vecc...

(0.2km)
18120 visits

Entertainment

Pantarei Café

Pantarei Café

(0.3km)
11806 visits
Abbey Road

Abbey Road

(0.4km)
13222 visits
Navona District

Navona District

(0.2km)
9357 visits
Campo dei Fiori District

Campo dei Fiori Dist...

(0.4km)
8883 visits
The Drunken Ship

The Drunken Ship

(0.4km)
7517 visits
Il Goccetto

Il Goccetto

(0.5km)
6451 visits

Utility

Brasilian Embassy

Brasilian Embassy

(0.2km)
22832 visits
French Embassy

French Embassy

(0.5km)
17436 visits
Turist Info Point Navona

Turist Info Point Na...

(0.3km)
6320 visits
Flaminio Train Station

Flaminio Train Stati...

(1.4km)
38393 visits
Turist Info Point Sonnino

Turist Info Point So...

(1.2km)
11926 visits
Spanish Embassy

Spanish Embassy

(1.4km)
24105 visits

Itineraries

Day 2: The Renaissance Architecture

From Termini Station to Ponte Sisto

Day 4: The Renaissance in Rome

From Termini Station to Via Giulia




Church of Our Lady of Peace

15400 Visits
Photos of Church of Our Lady of Peace (See all)

Overview

Title
Church of Our Lady of Peace
Author
carol_79
Rating
3.00
Year
1482 AD
Cost
Free Admission
Average visit time
15 minutes
Address
10 Via della Pace, 00186 Rome RM
Hours of operation
10.00am-12.00pm

Description

The Church of Our Lady of Peace was built by Pietro da Cortona in 1482, one of the greatest proponents of Roman Baroque along with Bernini and Borromini. The façade and the semi-circular portico is by da Cortona, reminiscent of ancient Roman architecture The interior is famous for Raphael's frescoes showing the sibyls and prophets, for which Michelangelo accused him of plagiarism. At the right-hand side of the Our Lady of Peace Church, you'll find the entrance to the famous cloister built by Bramante. It was built in 1500 and was one of his first works in Rome. The cloister has recently been restored and is used today for temporary exhibitions.

Suggestions


There are no advices. Login to insert a new one!

Social Advices